Implementing Clinical Informatics to Leverage Technology
Boulder Community Health
4747 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80303
Please join us on June 20th from 5:30 - 8:30 PM at Boulder Community Health for an informative session presented by Anita Harris, RN, MSN, MHA to discuss "Implementing Clinical Informatics to Leverage Technology." Tickets are complimentary. Please click on the link below to register.
Anita Lynn Harris RN, MSN, MHA, earned her undergraduate degree at Thomas Jefferson University while working as a pediatric critical care nurse at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Anita then went on to earn both a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and a Master of Health Administration (MHA) from the University of Phoenix. She is currently enrolled as a Doctoral candidate at The Chamberlin School of Nursing with a focus on organizational leadership with a dissection in transforming a informatics business model to support the end user workforce.
As the Chief Nursing Informatics Officer and Director of Nursing Informatics at Children’s Hospital Colorado is leading the organization’s first clinical nursing informatics department, implementing its first clinical nursing shared governance venue, informatics super user program and transforming clinical informatics to drive technology.
Anita Harris’s previous and current roles include:
- Visiting Professor at Chamberlain University School of Nursing teaching RN: Health Information System
- Visiting Professor at DSN
- Served as the Associate Director of Nursing Quality and Nursing programs at University of Texas MD Anderson
- Served as an adjunct nursing professor at Lone Star Kingwood College and Texas Women’s University
- Functioned in multiple roles at Memorial Hermann Health Systems and Memorial Hermann TMC Campus as Clinical Information Lead for Physician Practices in the Health System, Nursing Quality Manager for the Pediatrics Service Line and a Pediatric Critical Care Nurse
- Served in multiple roles as a Registered Nurse at CHOP and Tenet Healthcare
Anita Harris has a history of success in her previous roles. .She created a “how to” handbook for nurses titled Transforming Data into Practice, redesigned organizational dashboards for physicians and nurses, worked with physicians to create a Failure to Rescue Protocol for pediatric patients that was published by the American Pediatric Society, and implemented a CAUTI prevention nurse-driven protocol that reduced the CAUTI rate at her previous organization from 2.6% to 0%.
Anita Harris is a member of the following national associations and organizations:
- President of the newly formed Colorado Chapter American Nursing Informatics Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Nursing Informatics Association
- American Organization for Executive Nurses
- American Pediatric Association
- Colorado Nurses Association
- Colorado HIMMS
In her spare time, Anita volunteers as a member of the rapid response team and as a mentee in the Diamond in the Rough Program for underprivileged girls. She also mentors new nurses and nursing students to help them with career path decisions and actively participates in organizational and community diversity and inclusion initiatives.