Celebrate National HIT Week: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Advocacy in Colorado
- CHIMSS would like to educate the public and our State representatives and influencers on:
- Growing and improving the Colorado network infrastructure for digital access to healthcare information
- Expanding reimbursement for electronic telehealth that extend access to healthcare for less mobile and rural citizens
- Requiring Electronic Health Record conformance with standards that allow providers to seamlessly exchange patient records
- Funding cybersecurity support for providers to protect confidential patient information
- Familiarize yourself with the current bills and resolutions sitting with the Colorado General Assembly.
- Read HIMSS 2017 Public Policy Priorities and consider how these may translate for Colorado
- Visit the HIMSS Legislative Action Center to send emails to your elected Federal and State officials to share your views on policy issues of high importance to our health IT community.
- Visit the Advocacy tab on the CHIMSS website to:
- See how you can become more involved with CHIMSS state and local advocacy
- Review how you can successfully advocate for healthcare IT without lobbying
- Learn more about Colorado State Government
- Review how National HIMSS supports advocacy at federal, state and regional levels
- Sign up for our National HIT Event on Thursday, October 5th, at the Denver Museum of Art from 5-9pm