About the CHIMSS Scholarship Program for 2021
The HIMSS Colorado Chapter is committed to supporting the academic development of health information technology professionals in Colorado. We offer scholarship awards to professionals looking to impact their community by furthering their education in health information technology or public health fields.
- Veteran Impact Scholarship (one available): CHIMSS Scholarship awarded to students pursuing a master’s or bachelor's degree in the field of health information technology, health informatics, biomedical informatics, public health, or related fields.
- Award: up to $2,000
- Community Impact Scholarships (up to 5 available): CHIMSS Scholarship awarded to qualified students pursuing a master’s or bachelor's degree or a certificate in the field of health information technology, health informatics, biomedical informatics, public health, or related fields. (i.e., community college, junior college, university).
- Award: up to $1,500
These scholarships are associated with pre and post criteria.
Pre application submission criteria:
- Full-time student in an aforementioned program
- Physically reside in the CHIMSS region
- Minimum GPA of 3.50
- Current CHIMSS Student Member
- One faculty nomination
- One letter of support related to community/veteran impact
- Documented attendance for two CHIMSS events in previous 2 years
Post award submission criteria*:
- Volunteer for at least two CHIMSS events
- Report back and debrief about their community/veteran impact
*If recipients do not complete post award criteria, students from their institution will not be eligible for CHIMSS scholarships the following year.
Applications will be accepted via this link any time prior to 11:59 pm MST, Sunday, July 11, 2021. Awardees will be contacted by a Board member and announced at a subsequent CHIMSS 2021 event (location, date and time for that event to be announced).
Administrators and Teachers: Please promote this opportunity at institutions of learning pertinent to health information technology education. Please reach out to Bobbie Kite, Academic and Scholarship Chair, Bobbie.Kite@du.edu with any questions.
Remember, all applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, July 11, 2021. Awards will be designated by Friday, July 30, 2021.